A client’s legacy is about much more than their money, but planning how assets will be passed along is important. In this presentation you’ll learn the role a financial professional has to play in the successful transfer of wealth to the next generation, including:
- Helping the spouse avoid the “widow’s penalty”
- Maximizing the tax efficiency of the estate
- Helping heirs avoid income tax shock
- Protecting immature heirs from a lump-sum inheritance
- Developing relationships with the client’s children
This program has been accepted for one hour of CE credit from the CFP Board and for one CE hour toward the CIMA®/CPWA®/RMA® certifications.
Disclosure: Bridging Generations is a presentation from the Nationwide Retirement Institute. This material is not a recommendation to buy or sell a financial product or to adopt an investment strategy. Investors should discuss their specific situation with their financial professional. This material should be regarded as educational information on health care and is not intended to provide specific advice.